Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Recipient's 1st Follow-up

Hi, all. Just a note that my recipient's first follow-up since surgery is at 7:30 tomorrow morning. All of his numbers look good so far and some are still dropping. They are working at adjusting his meds which will take some time. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
I would also like to ask that all of you keep someone else in your thoughts and prayers. I don't know his name, but I have a friend emailed me about him. He is a reader of her blog (http://www.restaurantwidow.com/ for all you foodies out there) and had a kidney transplant in Columbus, Oh on Jan. 15. His donor was his best friend. When they opened up the donor, they found cancer on the kidney to be donated. It was a type that doesn't spread quickly so they removed the cancerous area and transplanted anyway. Please keep both of them in your thoughts and wish them well.
As for me, pain is hardly noticeable, still mostly when trying to sleep or if I stretch too much. (I know, that sentence is a grammatical horror but I don't really care :). I must admit to sneaking out to go to the store and to Dairy Queen today. Driving wasn't too bad and I waited 1 1/2 weeks instead of 2. I didn't go far and don't think sitting in the car for more than 15 to 20 minutes would feel very good right now. I know, I should have waited but I was going stir crazy and needed to see other human beings and ice cream made me happy!
I will try to update about the follow-up appointment sometime tomorrow.

No comments: