Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sunday, January 20

Wow! I was up for my morning walk and ran into one of my surgeons making his rounds. He told me I could go home that day if I wanted because I was doing so well! He told me that most people couldn't get out of bed so quickly and this was what was helping me to recover so quickly. I never imagined that my inability to be still for more than five minutes would pay off so well. He removed my IV line (not used since my last round of antibiotics Saturday morning) and agreed to get rid of the heart monitor that had to go everywhere I went. I asked about the pain ball, but he suggested that I leave it in for another day. 2 out of 3 wasn't bad! I was losing more wires and tubes and that made my day.
I decided to stay another night because I still needed help getting in and out of bed and also had visitors coming from Columbus that evening. I also wanted to be able to check on "G" whenever I could :)
I spent most of the day walking around the hospital. My pain level was maybe a 3 and I was ready for real food.

No comments: