Saturday, January 26, 2008

Monday: Released from the hospital

Ok, I got to leave the hospital today. They removed my pain ball (no more tubes!), took some blood for labs, introduced me to the post-transplant coordinators and gave me a ton of discharge instructions. No driving for 2 weeks, no driving while under the influence of Percocet, no lifting for 6 weeks, get plenty of rest and did I say no lifting?
Yes, I was ready to leave but I wanted to stay with "G." The doctors said he would be ready to leave Wednesday if he kept doing so well. Since sleeping in chairs would have been impossible for me, I left.
The car ride home was painful. I felt every bump. If you find yourself in this position, I suggest padding your car with pillows.
"G's" parents brought me home. Along the way, we stopped at Kroger so I could fill my prescription and get the other things the doctors told me to buy. I also bought food to make dinner.
Upon entering the apartment, I took 2 Percocet and proceeded to cook dinner. Apple butter and cider pork chops, apple cider rice with pecans and some spicy sauteed spinach. It felt good to eat decent food with flavor again. Next, I went to sleep with a ton of pillows.

No comments: