Saturday, January 26, 2008

Should I Be Scared Yet?

This is really weird, but I never really got nervous before the surgery. I was even very calm the morning of surgery, during pre-op procedures before going to sleep. At the beginning, I just figured that I would get nervous as we got closer to transplant. For whatever reason, I never freaked out and remained calm about everything. Maybe this was from studying the transplant process for months beforehand or just part of my relatively calm nature. Who knows? But I am thankful to the powers that be that I was calm for everything.

2 comments:

MrsGuru said...

Hi Kelly,

I found you through Living Donors Online - Great site! I donated to my cousin on 12/7/7 in California. Other than the plane ride to California where I was a bit nervous, I was very calm, euphoric and couldn't wait to donate. I've been documenting my journey as a donor on my site, too. Looking forward to updates on yours.

Warmly,

Connie
www.MrsGuru.com

Kelly said...

glad to see that I was not the only person who remained calm! i was really beginning to wonder if i was crazy!
wishing you a speedy recovery,
Kelly