Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 17, 2008: The Night Before

I am trying to catch this up in short segments so there isn't one huge post to read to get acquainted with my story. So moving right along, it is now the night before surgery.
I am thinking "What is wrong with me? I should be scared." Maybe I am a little bit crazy, but I still am calm.
We are spending the night at the Medical Center Inn and have some instructions for the night before surgery. No eating or drinking after midnight, wash with an antibacterial soap, and (oh boy) use an enema. I was more terrified of the enema than anything else. Not going to give you details of that but I hope I never have to do it again!
After we did all of this, we attempted to sleep. Last I remember looking at the clock it was 11:56PM. We were planning on getting up at 4:30 to get ready. We had to be at the hospital at 6AM.

No comments: