Thursday, February 14, 2008

4 Weeks Post-Op Tomorrow

Just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow is 4 weeks since my donation and I feel stronger each day. I am no longer bloated and the pain is minimal. I have noticed that after I eat, there is some pressure against the area of my incision which causes a little pain that feels like the area is stretching. It isn't bad and I imagine that after I am completely healed, it will go away.
My recipient saw his nephrologist today and was told he is doing very well. This is basically what the transplant team also told him. He says he feels like a new person and I am so glad that I could help him. He has lost over 30 pounds since the surgery and is still losing. It is a big difference from when he was on dialysis. For anyone who would like to talk to a recipient, if you email me, I can put you in contact with him and he will gladly tell you of his experience and answer any questions you may have.
I am returning to work the week of Feb. 25th. I am going to work 2 shifts that week (I work in a restaurant) so as not to overdo it. I will see how I feel and then work my way back up to my usual 4 shifts a week. I am actually looking forward to going back to work as I am stir crazy and almost out of the money I saved for the time I was off.
If anyone wants to ask me anything about my experience, feel free. I really want to share it and maybe help someone going through the same process.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: