Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5 Updates

Well, there is a trace of protein in my urine so I am repeating the test tomorrow. They are going to measure protein ratio and creatinine clearance. I am not really too concerned about it. There were trace amounts of protein in my urine in December and I found out it was caused by some medications I was taking. It cleared up when I stopped the medication so I am going to see if my Dr. will change my prescription. My blood pressure reading today was 106/64 and my blood work was fine.
Greg's creatinine is at 1.8 today. They lowered his Cellcept dosage because it was causing his white blood cell count to be too low. He is down to 22 pills a day after starting with about 42 immediately after transplant. He is also taking insulin shots for the time being.
I urge anyone who is considering living donation to check out the message boards on the living Donors Online website. You can link to it through my site. It is a great source of information and support. It was a huge help to me to be able to read stories of others and ask questions of people who have been through the transplant process.

No comments: