Thursday, July 31, 2008

My 6th month post-op check up

Just wanted to update everyone that my test results all came back with everything in normal ranges. I have been lucky with the consequences of my decision to donate. My blood pressure never increased and my only complaint is the itching of the Love Scar. In my next post, I am going to post some info about FSGS. This is the disease that caused Greg's kidney failure. I thought it would be a good idea to spend some time here talking about what causes kidney failure and FSGS seems like a good place to start. If anyone has something they would like me to write about, leave me a comment and I will do my best to find information for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious. I donated a kidney in January also and had my regular annual physical this week. My creatinine level was 2.2 which my doctor said was the same level I had when I left the hospital in January. He said that was likely to be my baseline. I can't find any information about typical post-transplant creatinine levels for donors. Have you seen any such information?

Kelly said...

You may want to post your question on living donors online. There are tons of people who have donated. Since my donation was recent, I think someone who has donated some time ago would be more informed about this than I am. I haven't seen anything myself.